9 unknown facts about the moon.

the moon
the moon

There are still many mysteries surrounding the moon. There are many rumors about this satellite of the earth. It also has many romantic names – Blue Moon, Crescent Moon, Full Moon … Here is some information about this satellite seen with the naked eye in the night sky: 9 unknown facts

  1. The moon is not round

The shape of the moon is actually like an egg. But when you look at it, you see one of its two smaller ends. The center of mass of the moon is not exactly in its geometric center. It is 1.2 miles away from the geometric center.

  1. We don’t always see the full moon. When we look at the moon, we see 59 percent of it. The remaining 41 percent of the moon is never seen from Earth. If you don’t believe this information and go above that 41 percent hidden by the moon to check if it is true, then you will not be able to see this earth from there.
  2. Blue Moon has been due to volcanoes

The term ‘Blue Moon’ is thought to have originated in 183 after the eruption of the Krakatoa volcano. At that time, the eruption caused so much dust and smoke in the atmosphere that when people looked at the moon from the earth, it looked blue. And from this the word ‘Once in a Blue Moon’ has been made. This sentence is used to say a rare event.

  1. Plan to blow up the moon

The United States once really thought of detonating an atomic bomb on the moon. The purpose was to demonstrate the military might of the United States. Especially intimidating Russia. NASA’s top-secret plan was called “A Study of Lunar Research Flights” or “Project A119.”

  1. Eclipse is due to the dragon

When the moon falls between the sun and the earth, or when the moon stands between the sun and the earth, then the light of the sun or the moon is temporarily dimmed. This is called lunar eclipse or solar eclipse. There is an ancient Chinese belief that an eclipse occurs when a dragon swallows the sun. Then the Chinese started making as much noise as possible for them so that the dragon would run away in fear.

The Chinese once believed that a giant frog lived inside a hole in the moon. The crater was formed when a rock from space hit the moon four billion years ago.

. The speed of the earth is slow due to the moon

When the moon moves closest to the earth, tides are created. This happens immediately after the new or full moon.

Then the rotating force of the earth also steals the moon. That is why the speed of the earth is slowing down by about 1.5 milli-seconds every 100 years.

. Moonlight

The sun is 14 times brighter than a full moon. It takes about four million full moons to shine as brightly as the sun.

When the moon moves into the shadow of the earth during a lunar eclipse, the temperature on the lunar surface can drop by 500 degrees Fahrenheit in less than an hour and a half.

. Leonardo da Vinci understood what a crescent was

When we look at the moon in the shape of a crescent or crescent, we see the light of the sun falling from the moon. The rest of the moon is very obscure. That also depends on the weather. Artist Leonardo da Vinci was the first person to realize that the moon was not actually shrinking and expanding, but that some parts of it were hidden.

  1. Moon made with cheese

There is much more to the moon that is still unknown to us. But the funny thing is that in 1986, a survey was conducted in Arizona, USA. It found that 13 percent of those surveyed believed that the moon was made of cheese.

9 unknown facts